Friday, December 02, 2005

raise the red lantern

The Chinese leader made a state visit to Britain last month and, to mark the occasion, many London landmarks were bathed in the red hue of China. Well, on November 9, it seemed even the heavens wanted to be part of the act. These images show the view from my third floor office window in London's Victoria at around 4.30pm. A breathtaking sunset that made London in 2005 suddenly seem like medieval England.

The chimney stacks standing like shadowy sentries over this building added to the effect. I whipped out my camera and captured the scene. And good thing I did because by 4.45pm, the dull grey sky had returned. While it lasted however, it was quite something. The glass of my office building hampered the camera's eye somewhat, but still, you get the idea...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home