Sunday, March 19, 2006

the dilemma of a ghostwriter

With the rise in celebrity ghost-written bestsellers, I found this piece below in The Observer quite interesting. This excerpt is about Jennie Erdal who spent 15 years writing everything in the voice of Naim Attallah including some 12 books, speeches and love letters!

Recently when searching for something else on her computer she came across a series of files that were early drafts of the novels she wrote for her former boss. 'I must admit,' she says, 'reading them I got myself into a very bad state. I just had an overwhelming sense of having squandered so much of my creativity for this man. And then I wondered if there was some use I could put some of the material to, but I suppose I might be accused of plagiarism if I did so ... - continue reading here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home