Sunday, June 11, 2006

an orange night


When news broke that Zadie Smith had won this year's Orange Prize for her book, On Beauty, I suddenly kicked myself, thinking I should have been there. Can't be everywhere of course. It reminded me however, of this scene above. Zadie Smith's win was almost two years to the day when Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie went up to the podium to pick up her bouquet for making the 2004 Orange shortlist. Her book, Purple Hibiscus has travelled far since, and her second novel, Half of a Yellow Sun, is out later this summer.

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's Orange Nite
*Photo: Taken in the Room By The River, South Bank, London, 8 June 2004

1 Comments:

Blogger Ore said...

Can't wait to read her new book. Hope you blog about it so I know when to get it.

Ore

9:54 am, June 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home