Friday, March 24, 2006

mother courage, marie fatayi-williams


Mother Courage... Marie Fatayi-Williams, GuardianLIFE, March 19, 2006

My piece on Marie Fatayi-Williams was published last Sunday (19th of March) in the LIFE magazine section of The Guardian. Here was a piece I'd been meaning to write since July last year, but somehow, I let it slip. My not writing it immediately after the events was a regret of mine and would have remained so, if not for Sokari of the Black Looks blog, and Mshairi. Both these ladies came up with the wonderful idea of having many bloggers writing to honour African women on March 8 - the International Women's Day. I thank the two of them for finally dragging this tribute to Mrs Fatayi-Williams out of me. As it happens, the article, though late, was timely. I guess after all, that it was meant to appear this month and not earlier.

The tributes by mainly women bloggers to African Women were published on Global Voices on March 8 - see links below.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ore said...

Congrats! I read it on your blog when you posted it a few years ago and really enjoyed it.

11:04 am, March 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home